With just under 28 days left to submit Single Applications, Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots MLA is encouraging farmers to submit their applications now so as not to incur a financial penalty.
The deadline for submitting Single Applications without penalty is 17 May 2021. Failure to submit an application will result in a farmer not receiving their payment this year.
The deadline for making an Entitlement Transfer is 04 May 2021.
Minister Poots said: “Basic Payments issued by DAERA represent by far the largest income for farm businesses in Northern Ireland and are vital to the continued viability of family farms and the rural economy.
“At present the Department has received a third of Single Applications and I would therefore strongly encourage all farmers to go online now and complete your application. It can take time to gather all the information you need to complete your application, so start today to avoid the possibility of missing your farm payment this year.
“DAERA staff are ready to assist farmers in completing their application and can be contacted on 0300 200 7848 or via webchat services.”
Minister Poots continued: “The deadline for submitting Single Applications is 17 May 2021, but if you need to make an Entitlement Transfer this must be completed by 04 May 2021. Late applications for Entitlement Transfers will not be accepted and could mean you do not receive the payment you were expecting. If you use an agent to complete your applications, you need to contact them now to make sure they have all the information they require to do this for you in 2021.”
A dedicated team of advisors are available on 0300 200 7848 or through webchat if farmers need help. Advisors will also be contacting farmers who have not yet submitted their application, farmers may receive phone calls in the evening or weekends to offer assistance and support.
Notes to editors:
- Single Applications must be submitted by 17 May 2021 to avoid financial penalties. Any applications received after this date will be penalised by 1% per working day, or by 4% per working day for applications to the Regional Reserve. No applications will be accepted after the 11 June 2021.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 18:00hrs and 08:00hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Habitat TDF Farms open for EFS scheme visits 04 August 2021
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2021 03 August 2021
- Prepare now for the re-opening of EFS Wider 03 August 2021
- CAFRE – the right place to study for a successful career in the Agri-food industry 02 August 2021