On Wednesday 25 October, the Greenmount Association will hold their annual autumn farm walk at Fleming Agri-Products, Newbuildings, Northern Ireland.
The company is a leading manufacturer of agricultural equipment with a dealer network that covers the British Isles and Ireland, and with customers from as far afield as Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
One person who has a personal interest in this group visit is Fleming Agri Sales Team Leader, David Meban. David attended the college and has very fond memories of his time as a student and was particularly excited and proud to invite the Greenmount Association to visit.
John Fleming, Marketing Manager and the fifth generation of the Fleming family said: “We anticipate this to be one of the largest group visits ever to the factory and we have worked on a strategy of moving everyone around the Factory safely during operation hours.
“We like to give tours during production time to show the flow of our raw materials through the different areas of the manufacturing process all the way to completion. It will be all hands on deck on the day as we want to give those attending full access to what we do on a daily basis.
“You never know, we could have future Fleming Sales Managers, Factory Managers, Design Engineers or Production Operatives among the group on the day so we hope that they like what they see and hear.”
George Fleming, Chairman of Fleming Agri Products and the President of the Londonderry Chamber of Commerce will also be on site on the day to discuss with the group how Fleming as a company will approach Brexit, the affect it could have on the agricultural sector and one of the main talking points on the topic that could affect Northern Ireland – borders.
James King, Greenmount Association vice president added: “I am delighted that Fleming Agri Products are hosting our 2017 autumn farm walk and anticipate that this will be a popular event.
“I would ask that those planning to attend contact Jackie McCann at Greenmount Campus on: 028 9442 6725 to reserve a place.
“Due to the logistics of a factory tour places are limited and early booking is advised to guarantee a place. The visit will cost £10 per person payable on the day.”
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption - Discussing plans for the forthcoming Greenmount Association visit to Fleming Agri Products on 25 October are: L-R, Jonathan Lecky, Managing Director, Connie Burns, Marketing and Business Development Executive, George Fleming, Chairman, James King, Greenmount Association Vice President, David Meban, Sales Team Leader and District Manager and Graeme Campbell, Greenmount Association Secretary.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- DAERA issues Farm Business Improvement Scheme (FBIS) Letters of Offer 16 March 2018
- Reducing Flood Risk – an ecological approach 15 March 2018
- Preparing for grazing on beef farms 15 March 2018
- Farmer convicted at Londonderry magistrates 15 March 2018