Due to improvement works at Hillsborough Lake dams, the upper car park at Hillsborough Forest has been closed to the public from Monday 6 November 2017.
Work will start on the West Dam in the week commencing 13 November 2017 and on Church Dam in the New Year. The total work programme is approximately 16 weeks.
The majority of walking trails in the forest will remain open but those sections of path on each dam will be closed while work takes place and path diversions will be in place.
The existing earth dams are in good condition but they are being upgraded to ensure they continue to safely meet modern design standards.
The cooperation of visitors to the forest during these works will be much appreciated.
To keep up to date with news and events in local forests, visit the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Office via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Negligible and Controlled Risk Status 17 November 2017
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in the Equine Industry 16 November 2017
- Relative feed value 16 November 2017
- Building Resilience with Business Planning Seminars 14 November 2017