Students at CAFRE Enniskillen Campus were recently awarded bursaries from various equine businesses and organisations.
The organisations assist students directly by providing up to £1,000 with the students chosen by submitting an assignment, a CV or attending an interview.
One of the bursaries was provided by Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) and was awarded to Emma O’Brien Maher from Co. Kildare. Emma is a first year student undertaking the Honours Degree in Equine Management. Students were required to submit a marketing plan for a Horse Racing Ireland event. The aim was to produce a social media campaign to promote attendance and encourage people to go racing.
Following her win Emma revealed: “I’ve had a huge interest in horses since a young age and in recent years I’ve taken an interest in racing. Recently, I’ve taken up photography, specialising in racing events. Some of my photographs have featured in The Irish Field & on establishments’ websites. I was very lucky to win the bursary given by HRI by promoting an upcoming Irish racing event.”
The Management, staff and students at Enniskillen are extremely appreciative of this excellent support from Horse Racing Ireland.
For more information on the equine courses offered at Enniskillen Campus, check out the CAFRE website or follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook and Instagram.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Unlock your herd’s potential – Dairy Conference 2019 15 October 2019
- Advance Direct Payments to commence 15 October 2019
- Top tips for managing your EFS agreement and claim 15 October 2019
- Lough Neagh fishermen fined for breaching Fisheries Act 15 October 2019