CAFRE student Katie Willis is galloping ahead with preparation for her career in the equine industry.
The Level 3 Equine Management student from Derrylin is hoping to learn more about running a busy showjumping yard by spending five weeks work experience with showjumper John Mulligan in County Leitrim.
“I love showjumping so the experience of working in a busy yard is brilliant. I am really enjoying going to different shows especially the RDS qualifiers and have been involved in the sale of a horse which was something new for me,” explained Katie, who is undertaking the work experience as part of her Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma at CAFRE’s Enniskillen Campus.
“I have been able to utilise the skills that I’m learning at CAFRE to carry out my role as a groom and working with young horses, as well as learning about the day-to-day management of a showjumping yard,” she added.
If you would like to find out more about the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Horse Management course or other equine courses available at Enniskillen Campus, check out the CAFRE website or follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook and Instagram.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Options available under DAERA’s Environmental Farming Scheme (Wider) 20 August 2019
- Better Farm Beef Challenge NI Autumn Walks 20 August 2019
- Belfast man given £7,500 fine and suspended sentence for waste offences 20 August 2019
- A slice of ‘American Pie’ for Claire! 20 August 2019