Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Minister Michelle McIlveen has responded to Chancellor Philip Hammond statement on EU funding.
Miss McIlveen said: “I very much welcome the latest announcement from Treasury to guarantee EU structural and investment funds for projects signed up until the point at which the UK departs the EU.
“This is very positive news for the new Environmental Farming Scheme, our Rural Development Programme and the European Maritime Fisheries Fund. The announcement provides confirmation that EU funding for contracts signed before the UK departs the EU will be honoured.”
The DAERA Minister concluded: “As I have said previously, I know that some will ask what comes beyond 2020, but that was a question we were facing within the EU anyway. At least we now have an opportunity to shape a support regime that is more suited to our needs and one that is not over-burdened with unnecessary bureaucracy. We can now turn our attention to addressing this particular issue, and this important opportunity.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter at: @daera_ni
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office: email@example.com.
- Please note that the out of office hours pager number has changed. Any queries, please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Poots samples a ‘true gelato’ in Ballyclare 30 September 2022
- Re-opening of Tier 1 of FBIS Capital focus on higher input costs 29 September 2022
- Poots hails £2.4m investment to date in Rural Halls Refurbishment Scheme 29 September 2022
- Agriculture Minister launches CAFRE College Estate Strategy 29 September 2022