Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Minister, Edwin Poots, has extended the closing date for applications to the Business Development Groups (BDGs) Scheme, during a visit to CAFRE’s Greenmount Campus.
Minister Poots said; “I am pleased to announce that the closing date for the BDGs Scheme has been extended by one week to 4pm on Friday 31 January 2020 to facilitate additional applications. This is the fifth application window to the BDG Scheme and there has been a positive response to date.
However, I would encourage all farmers who are not already in a Group to apply before the new closing date. The addition of an environmental option within this tranche demonstrates my Department’s focus to deliver productive agriculture in line with enhanced environmental benefit.
“The Business Development Groups Scheme has delivered benefits to many farm businesses by bringing small groups of farmers together locally, to enhance their knowledge of business management, the environment and innovative ways of working. Now is the time to take up the opportunity to join the Scheme and become a member of a Group near you.”
Assistance with completing on-line applications is available at all DAERA Direct offices during opening hours and additional support is available between 5pm and 8pm at Loughry Campus on Wednesday 29 January.
Knowledge Transfer through Business Development Groups (BDGs) is a Scheme partly funded by the EU through the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020.
Notes to editors:
1. The Environmental Farming option has been added to bring benefits to the countryside through environmental land management.
2. College of Agriculture Food & Rural enterprise (CAFRE) is responsible for the delivery of the Knowledge Transfer, Innovation and Cooperation – Business Development Groups.
3. For more information on the Business Development Groups Scheme, please e-mail email@example.com or call Knowledge Transfer Administration on 028 9442 6790.
4. For media enquiries please contact DAERA Press Office 028 9052 4619 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
5. The Business Development Groups Scheme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
- Learning Theory with Dr Helen Spence 17 February 2020
- Love is in the air as Greenmount florists in training prepare for a beautiful Valentine’s Day 14 February 2020
- Minister Poots launches NI’s first tractor driving simulators 13 February 2020
- New concepts, new ideas and new solutions - Poots 12 February 2020