A new online funding hub has been launched by Environment Minister Edwin Poots to mark the finance and technology theme at today’s COP26 conference in Glasgow.
Launching the new one-stop facility, the Minister said: “I am delighted that a new online hub is now in place to improve signposting to the variety of funding opportunities offered by my Department. We have millions of pounds of funding available for everything from food and fisheries to forest creation.
“This new one-stop online hub has been designed to assist all our stakeholders easily navigate the monetary and non-monetary schemes offered by DAERA. I would encourage all those interested in such opportunities to visit the hub today as there are a number of schemes currently open for application across a range of sectors from farming to the environment,” he said.
“The hub will be complemented by a new free text alert service which I am also pleased to launch today. Each text will provide updates on new and existing grants and funding opportunities directly to the user and I highly recommend signing up.
“Over the coming months and years as new funding programmes develop it will be more important than ever that stakeholders have timely, succinct information to help them determine which opportunities they can avail of to support and develop businesses and rural communities alike. The new hub and text service provide the foundation to update stakeholders on these new opportunities,” added Minister Poots.
In addition to signposting current opportunities the new hub will include details of existing and legacy schemes to help users better understand the types of funding offered by DAERA.
It will also include links to other government funding available and provide contact details for support organisations which can help applicants avail of funding. The hub can be accessed directly from the DAERA home page.
Interested parties can sign up to the new text service by simply texting ‘DaeraGrants’ to 67300; each text is free to the user.
Notes to editors:
- The new hub and text alert service will complement the existing communication tools used by DAERA to promote grant and funding opportunities.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Minister Poots extends deadline for the Soil Nutrient Health Scheme 05 July 2022
- We must act now to tackle food security – Poots 05 July 2022
- DAERA reminds cattle exporters to the ROI to prepare for new BVD trade requirements 05 July 2022
- Poots presents Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Awards to CAFRE Students 05 July 2022