As a result of a recent joint operation (Monday 10 December) between the NIEA and the PSNI, officers attended a site in the Cullaville area of South Armagh where they seized three vehicles and associated equipment under Article 5E of the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997. As a criminal investigation is on-going no further details can be released.
NIEA remains committed to the disruption, deterrence and detection of all environmental offending and welcomes the public’s help in our efforts to protect the environment.
You can contact NIEA’s Environmental Crime Unit by phone: 028 9056 9453 or by email: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook: https://twitter.com/daera_ni and https://www.facebook.com/daerani.gov.uk
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- DAERA Minister urges halt to prescribed fires to aid stretched emergency services 02 April 2020
- Slurry and fertiliser applications for late spring 02 April 2020
- Open letter to Northern Ireland's food champions - Edwin Poots 01 April 2020
- Minister extends NAP Derogation applications and accounts submission deadline 31 March 2020