As a result of a recent joint operation (Monday 10 December) between the NIEA and the PSNI, officers attended a site in the Cullaville area of South Armagh where they seized three vehicles and associated equipment under Article 5E of the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997. As a criminal investigation is on-going no further details can be released.
NIEA remains committed to the disruption, deterrence and detection of all environmental offending and welcomes the public’s help in our efforts to protect the environment.
You can contact NIEA’s Environmental Crime Unit by phone: 028 9056 9453 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook: https://twitter.com/daera_ni and https://www.facebook.com/daerani.gov.uk
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email to email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Control noxious weeds now 20 March 2023
- Co. Down skippers fined for fishing offences 20 March 2023
- Man found guilty of waste offences in Co Londonderry 20 March 2023
- Short pause of TB testing as next stage of NIFAIS goes live 16 March 2023