As a result of a recent joint operation (Monday 10 December) between the NIEA and the PSNI, officers attended a site in the Cullaville area of South Armagh where they seized three vehicles and associated equipment under Article 5E of the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997. As a criminal investigation is on-going no further details can be released.
NIEA remains committed to the disruption, deterrence and detection of all environmental offending and welcomes the public’s help in our efforts to protect the environment.
You can contact NIEA’s Environmental Crime Unit by phone: 028 9056 9453 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook: https://twitter.com/daera_ni and https://www.facebook.com/daerani.gov.uk
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email to email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Using technology and innovation to protect the environment and support farm efficiency 17 January 2020
- CAFRE graduate ‘blossoms’ into potential world beater 16 January 2020
- Management notes for January 2020 16 January 2020
- Chief Veterinary Officer stresses importance of excellent biosecurity 15 January 2020