Whilst other colleges and schools are breaking for the summer holidays the Level 3 Extended Diploma students in Equine Management are undertaking their 10 weeks work placement. These students must complete 10 weeks over the summer holidays. Most of the students went straight into the placements after their last day at college.
Rebecca Mullan (Randalstown) and Kendal Smith (Newtownards) have both chosen to undertake their work placements at Laurelview Equestrian Centre in Templepatrick.
With Laurelview being a BHS approved training centre, it is currently running training for PTT students, so the girls can benefit from this as they are the riders in the lessons throughout the course. The girls have also the opportunity to cross country the schooled horses in preparation for the stage 3 exam being held at the centre.
For further information on the equine courses offered at Enniskillen Campus, check out the CAFRE website, follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook or come along to our Careers Advice evening at the campus on Thursday 25 August at 7pm.
By Kathryn Hazlett, Equine Lecturer, CAFRE Enniskillen Campus
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 028 9052 4619
- Castlewellan farmer making use of his SNHS results 22 September 2023
- Preparation is key to a successful calving season 21 September 2023
- Dairy farmers visit farms in Scotland to see breeding technologies in practice 20 September 2023
- Rush Control - Online Information Session – Camowen Catchment – Co Tyrone 19 September 2023