Whilst other colleges and schools are breaking for the summer holidays the Level 3 Extended Diploma students in Equine Management are undertaking their 10 weeks work placement. These students must complete 10 weeks over the summer holidays. Most of the students went straight into the placements after their last day at college.
Rebecca Mullan (Randalstown) and Kendal Smith (Newtownards) have both chosen to undertake their work placements at Laurelview Equestrian Centre in Templepatrick.
With Laurelview being a BHS approved training centre, it is currently running training for PTT students, so the girls can benefit from this as they are the riders in the lessons throughout the course. The girls have also the opportunity to cross country the schooled horses in preparation for the stage 3 exam being held at the centre.
For further information on the equine courses offered at Enniskillen Campus, check out the CAFRE website, follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook or come along to our Careers Advice evening at the campus on Thursday 25 August at 7pm.
By Kathryn Hazlett, Equine Lecturer, CAFRE Enniskillen Campus
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 028 9052 4619
- Minister Poots launches new Northern Ireland Food Strategy Framework 24 September 2021
- High interest in Tier 2 FBIS Capital Scheme 24 September 2021
- Poots reminds farmers to report all cattle abortions and stillbirths for brucellosis testing 23 September 2021
- Lord Deben and CCC Chief Executive Chris Stark 23 September 2021