By Catherine Crowley, Equine Lecturer, CAFRE Enniskillen Campus.
Ciara Smith, a first year student in Equine Management was a recipient of the NIHB bursary. Students were required to write an essay on the importance of using the ‘Training Scales’ in the education of horses and how this can maintain soundness and enhance their working life.
Ciara from Co Cavan has just returned from Missouri (USA) where she was involved in both English and Western riding. Ciara also had the opportunity to work with a range of top trainers and competitors. This experience enabled her to compete in barrel racing, jumping, dressage and reining. With Ciara’s deep love of horses and her passion for learning she will use the bursary award towards her studies.
CAFRE’s Enniskillen Campus is pleased to have this partnership with such an important organisation for the sports horse industry in Northern Ireland.
For further information on the equine courses offered at Enniskillen Campus, check out our website or follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook.
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Farm businesses already playing their part in tackling climate change – Poots 27 October 2021
- Crawfordsburn Country Park celebrates 50 years 27 October 2021
- Future proofing your dairy business webinar 1 – Carbon Awareness 26 October 2021
- Executive launches draft Green Growth Strategy for Northern Ireland 26 October 2021