Some 500 farmers are expected to get the go ahead for environmental farming projects thanks to an estimated £14million funding package, Minister Edwin Poots has announced.
Under the fifth round of DAERA’s Environmental Farming Scheme (EFS), successful applicants can expect to receive their online offer of an agreement in the next couple of weeks.
“The Environmental Farming Scheme is an important but voluntary scheme which supports farmers to undertake measures which help climate change mitigation, maintain biodiversity and improve water quality through a range of options," explained the Minister for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs.
“It is funded under the Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme and this £14million scheme is on top of the £63million already committed through EFS to date.
“We are confident that most farmers who applied for EFS Wider Tranche 5, and provided the required information, can expect to receive their offers before the Christmas holidays. They will then have 21 days to confirm their acceptance of the five year agreement. The rest will be released in January 2022.
“If you received an agreement offer please log in to DAERA Online Services using your Government Gateway ID and password before the deadline given in the letter to view and accept your agreement. Agreements can only be accepted online,” Minister Poots added.
For queries on EFS Agreements, please contact the DAERA Helpline number 0300 200 7848, or email your query to email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
- EFS is Agreement offers must be accepted with 21 days or they will expire.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Webinar Diary Dates 21 January 2022
- Poots launches £800,000 scheme to promote innovation and science base through PhD Research 21 January 2022
- Multi-million pound investment in fishing harbours moves step closer - Poots 21 January 2022
- Minister - All remaining Avian Influenza Surveillance Zones to be lifted in Northern Ireland 20 January 2022