During June, the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) hosted Graduation events for students who had achieved qualifications and special awards in agriculture, horticulture, food and equine. To acknowledge this year of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, DAERA made an award to four students for their significant contribution to student engagement at CAFRE.
DAERA Minister, Edwin Poots said: “I would like to personally thank the students from each of CAFRE’s disciplines for the way, in which, they have enriched student life at Greenmount, Loughry and Enniskillen Campuses. It is very much appreciated by myself, the staff at CAFRE and their fellow students. I wish all of you every success as you progress to the next stage in your career using the knowledge and skills you have acquired during your time at the College.”
The students who received the Awards at the graduation ceremonies were Ronan Kelly, Agriculture (Ballycastle); Rebecca Gilroy, Horticulture (Derrygonnelly); Cathy Parke, Food (Magherafelt) and Manon Varenne, Equine (Lyons, France). All of them expressed their gratitude at receiving the Award as an acknowledgement of their role in student life on campus
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Planning for Grain Storage 11 August 2022
- CAFRE EFS farm walk to take place at Enniskillen Campus 09 August 2022
- Management notes for August 2022 04 August 2022
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2022 03 August 2022