DAERA’s headquarter building has been officially renamed Jubilee House to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Speaking at an official renaming ceremony at the Ballykelly building, which opened in 2018, Minister Edwin Poots said: “It gives me great pleasure to rename Ballykelly House as Jubilee House to mark and celebrate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee.
“As one of DAERA’s three headquarters, I believe the renaming of this state-of-the-art building will reflect and honour Her Majesty’s outstanding 70-year reign. It is just one of many events and schemes we have organised in the Department to mark the Queen’s Jubilee.”
The facility, which opened in 2018, is located on the former Shackleton Army Base and boasts modern, cutting edge technologies. It also allows for an innovative approach to multi-site working across the DAERA network.
In 2019 The Princess Royal, Princess Anne, visited the flagship project which is home to a number of eco-friendly initiatives including rainwater harvesting, solar panels, a sedum green roof and swift boxes, which all promote green living and help conserve energy.
Concluding, Minister Poots said: “My Department has supported a number of Jubilee-related projects including £100,000 to fund a bespoke Pollinator Garden as a legacy of the Platinum Jubilee. A 500-year-old oak tree at Belvoir Forest Park has also be chosen as part of a nationwide network of 70 Ancient Trees to be dedicated to The Queen in her Jubilee year.”
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: (left to right) - Brian Doherty, Deputy Secretary, Central Services and Contingency Planning Group, DAERA; Fiona McCandless Deputy Secretary, Central Services and Rural Affairs Group, DAERA; DAERA Minister Edwin Poots MLA and DAERA Permanent Secretary Katrina Godfrey are pictured at the official renaming ceremony of DAERA’s headquarter building to Jubilee House, to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter at and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours’ service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- CAFRE EFS farm walk to take place at Enniskillen Campus 09 August 2022
- Management notes for August 2022 04 August 2022
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2022 03 August 2022
- Incorporating white clover into dairy grazing swards 03 August 2022