Visit the gardens and the grounds at Greenmount Campus on the weekend of Saturday 23 July and Sunday 24 July. Be inspired to get hands on with gardening, there will be the opportunity to have a go at some hard landscaping skills and students will have plants to sell to brighten up the garden for the rest of the summer.
Expert staff along with the RSPB will be on hand to give you practical tips and ideas to make your garden a haven for wildlife this weekend. Stroll through the gardens and the woodlands, find the hidden gems like the ice house and Temple Lake or just relax in the walled garden as you enjoy a picnic or a cup of tea. If you are looking for a career change or would like to start a career in horticulture or floristry it is not too late to apply for September.
The gardens and woodland trails are open from 10am-5pm on Saturday 23 July and 1pm-5pm on Sunday 24 July. Admission is just £5 per car. For directions, visit the CAFRE website.
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Farmers think Climate Change is already having a local impact 22 February 2024
- DAERA Minister visits Portavogie 21 February 2024
- Horticulture businesses nurture new talent at Greenmount Campus 21 February 2024
- Zebra Mussels and impact on fish stocking in the Public Angling Estate 21 February 2024