The College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) along with The Irish Draught Horse Society Ltd of Northern Ireland are holding a training evening on ridden showing classes for the upcoming showing season.
The evening will cover all aspects of ridden showing classes and will educate people on how to prepare their horses for the show ring in the weeks prior to the show, what is expected on the day, what to wear, how to present your horse for the In-Hand section of the class and how to impress the judge in all required phases. The evening will include a number of demonstration horses and riders participating over a course of working hunter fences and undertaking all phases as required in a real competition, with the audience having opportunities to assess horses and riders and ask questions throughout the session.
The event will take place at Portmore Equestrian Centre, Aghalee, Lurgan, on Wednesday 20 March 2019 and training will be provided by Toni Donnelly. The demonstration is open to everyone and will cost £10 per person. Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.15pm start. Everyone Welcome!
Please register online before 15 March.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Brexit 13 September 2019
- One week left to submit EFS applications 13 September 2019
- A planned approach at tupping time 12 September 2019
- DAERA seeks two additional members for the Tuberculosis Eradication Partnership 12 September 2019