2016 is the Northern Ireland Year of Food and Drink and how fitting that Gary Andrews, Food Technologist at CAFRE Loughry Campus, has won the “Food Hero of the Year Award” at the Grow Make Eat Drink Awards held in Belfast.
Gary was up against stiff competition from Bill Duncan – Head Chef Foyle Hospice, Tracy Hamilton – Mash Direct, Emmett McCourt – Chef & Author and the Causeway Coast & Glens Food Network.
This award is thoroughly deserved and particularly valued as he was nominated by one of his client companies – Paul McClean, Kearney Blue Cheese, for his contribution towards the development of the artisan cheese sector in Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- A reminder of the changes to applying slurry prior to and following the closed period 24 September 2020
- Careful harvesting to store will maintain potato crop quality 23 September 2020
- Future performance the focus for Fermanagh sheep enterprise 22 September 2020
- A day in the life of an Equine Student at CAFRE 21 September 2020