Fisheries Minister Michelle McIlveen has re-appointed Terry Jarvis as Chairperson of the Northern Ireland Fishery Harbour Authority (NIFHA).
The Authority has a statutory responsibility for improving, managing and maintaining the three fishery harbours and harbour estates of Ardglass, Kilkeel, and Portavogie and for operating the facilities which are provided at these harbours.
This re-appointment will be effective from the 26 June 2016 and will be for a further four year period.
Announcing the re-appointment, Michelle McIlveen said: “The Fishery Harbour Authority plays an important role in the management and maintenance of Northern Ireland’s three main fishing harbours at Ardglass, Kilkeel and Portavogie.
“Terry has been very effective in leading the Authority over the last four years, resulting in significant progress on EU-funded improvements for the three ports and I welcome his willingness to serve another term to assist the Authority in its continuing work.”
Notes to editors:
- NIFHA is a statutory body established in 1973 under the Harbours Act (NI) 1970 and the Fishery Harbour Authority Order (NI) 1973.
- Terry Jarvis is being appointed for a second term as Chairperson of the NIFHA, having previously been appointed for four year term from 26 June 2012. He is from Bangor and is a retired British Telecom senior manager and former member of the British Telecom Northern Ireland Board. He had previously served nine years as a board member of NIFHA and has built up an in depth knowledge of the operational requirements of the Authority and the wider needs and challenges facing the fishing sector.
- Mr Jarvis holds no other Ministerial public appointments.
- The re-appointment was made in accordance with The Commissioner for Public Appointments in Northern Ireland’s “Code of Practice”.
- The Chairperson receives £6,345 per annum in respect of their appointment.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Jarvis has declared no political activity.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Minister Poots launches new Northern Ireland Food Strategy Framework 24 September 2021
- High interest in Tier 2 FBIS Capital Scheme 24 September 2021
- Poots reminds farmers to report all cattle abortions and stillbirths for brucellosis testing 23 September 2021
- Lord Deben and CCC Chief Executive Chris Stark 23 September 2021