The 2018/19 Northern Ireland Regional Food Programme (NIRFP), which is a DAERA-funded programme to help raise the profile of quality regional food, opened today for applications.
This important funding programme within the food and drink sector encourages collaboration between all sectors and representative bodies within the local food industry.
The programme has supported many local events and initiatives by providing financial support in three key areas - regional fairs/exhibitions, seminars/workshops, and information programmes. Last year NIRFP awarded just under £200k to 22 projects, providing local producers with showcasing opportunities at a range of agri-food events across Northern Ireland and supporting the development of a number of food and drink networks.
Applications for projects taking place from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 will open on Friday 5 January. Closing date for completed applications is noon on February 14. Awards will be subject to a national budget allocation being agreed.
Notes to editors:
1. The NI Regional Food Programme was established as part of the implementation of The Fit for Market Report, which was published by the Food Strategy Group in November 2004.
2. Successful applications to the Programme can obtain up to 40% financial contributions on eligible project expenditure.
3. Scheme rules mean that only not-for-profit groups with a Northern Ireland membership, registered charities or not-for-profit regional development agencies that plan to delivery projects that raise the profile of NI regional food can apply. Applications for collaborative ventures involving two or more eligible organisations working together to deliver the objectives of the Programme are encouraged.
4. Closing date for completed applications will be 12 noon on Tuesday 14 February.
5. An application form for funding can be downloaded from DAERA Website or obtained from the contact details below:
NIRFP Management Team
Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs
Upper Newtownards Road
Tel: 028 9052 4497
6. All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, Tel: 028 9052 4619. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned.
7. All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Bringing equine innovation together at Enniskillen Campus 23 October 2018
- The IBA International Bakery Trade Fair in Munich 23 October 2018
- Farmer receives suspended prison sentence 23 October 2018
- Braidwater Ltd fined for water pollution offences 19 October 2018