College of Agriculture Food and Rural Enterprise students at Loughry Campus have had a busy semester working hard at their studies in Food Technology, Food Design and Nutrition, and Food Business Management.
As well as keeping their college work on track the Student Representative Council (SRC) have organised several fundraising ventures. So far this academic year the Loughry students have been able to donate £500 to the Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust. The money was raised through the Halloween disco. They have also raised £300 for Children in Need from a campus jersey night, and in the run up to Christmas they were able to donate 55 shoeboxes to the Samaritans Purse Christmas Appeal.
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: Members of the Loughry Campus Student Representative Council present cheque to Colin Bell from the Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust. (L-R) Stephanie Cargill (Ballyclare), Jack Coulter (Enniskillen) , Ryan O’Gorman (Rostrevor), Colin Bell (Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust), Rebecca Cromie (Banbridge) , Ciaran Conway (Loughgall), Laura Agnew (SRC President, Toomebridge).
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Farmer convicted for causing unnecessary suffering to cow 18 January 2019
- Equine nutrition - a guided tour 18 January 2019
- Farmer convicted at Armagh Court 18 January 2019
- Soil fertility at Co Fermanagh BDG meeting 16 January 2019