Georgia Osprey from Antrim, is a first year further education student at CAFRE Enniskillen Campus.
Georgia is studying on the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management programme and has become the proud recipient of the Showjumping Ireland (SJI) bursary, which was presented during the annual equine careers event at Enniskillen Campus.
Georgia was awarded the bursary for achieving the highest practical mark in her Prepare Horses for Presentation module. This module enables students to learn about the theory and practical elements associated with horse grooming and turning horses out for inspection. Georgia said she was delighted to have achieved top marks. She has learnt a range of new skills and feels much more confident with these practical elements.
Georgia has developed her interests while at CAFRE and has worked in racing and eventing yards to help develop her skills. Georgia hopes to use her bursary to enable her to travel and broaden this knowledge further once she completes her studies.
CAFRE Enniskillen Campus is pleased to have established this partnership with Showjumping Ireland and is delighted to be able to offer such a valued award to students undertaking Further Education courses at CAFRE Enniskillen Campus.
If you are interested in a career in the equine industry, then check out the courses that we offer on the CAFRE website or follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook and Instagram.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Advance Direct Payments to commence 15 October 2019
- Top tips for managing your EFS agreement and claim 15 October 2019
- Lough Neagh fishermen fined for breaching Fisheries Act 15 October 2019
- Unlock your herd’s potential – Dairy Conference 2019 15 October 2019