Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Minister Edwin Poots has reminded people the closing date for applications for the sixth tranche of the Environmental Farming Scheme (EFS) Wider level is midnight on Friday 23 September 2022.
EFS Wider Tranche 6 agreements will start 1 January 2023 and run for five years to 31 December 2027.
Having visited several EFS farmers during the past 12 months, Minister Poots said: ‘‘I encourage all farmers in Northern Ireland to really consider what EFS could bring to the farm. In these ever changing times we must all look out for opportunities to balance nature with food production.
“I am calling today for anyone who is thinking about it - to get their application in as soon as possible before the deadline on 23 September.”
For more information on the EFS:
- Visit the DAERA website
- Check if your land is eligible via DAERA’s Online Services
- For assistance to complete your application, you can call the EFS Advisory Service on 0300 200 7848.
- If you need help to apply, make an appointment for digital assistance at your local DAERA office. Owing to Covid-19 restrictions, places are limited so book early.
If you had a previous EFS Wider Tranche 1 agreement and you wish to apply again, it is important to note that options previously established cannot be claimed for, or applied for again in the same location, in Tranche 6.
You are not committed to the Scheme until you sign an EFS agreement.
There are no plans at this time for further EFS Wider application periods.
Notes to editors:
- EFS supports farmers to implement environmentally beneficial actions and works on their land. It aims to protect and enhance biodiversity and water quality and mitigate against climate change by sequestering carbon.
- The Environmental Farming Scheme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Northern Ireland local authority collected municipal waste management statistics released 02 February 2023
- Practical steps to improve suckler cow fertility 02 February 2023
- Key points for a healthy calving season within the suckler herd 02 February 2023
- Tarragon Bay fishing for success 02 February 2023