Speaker Introduction - Lloyd Holterman, Rosy Lane Holsteins, Wisconsin, USA.
Rosy-Lane’s vision is: Great People. Great Cows. Great Returns.
Lloyd and his wife Daphne have grown the Rosy-Lane herd from 80 cows to the current 1,070 cows plus young stock during the past 38 years. They farm 1,750 acres, planted in corn, alfalfa and some grass for forage.
Two unrelated, younger partners, who have been involved in the business for a number of years, Tim Strobel and Jordan Matthews, are also buying into the farming operation.
Lloyd has placed great emphasis on breeding and has selected bulls for fat, protein, calving ease, somatic cell count, daughter pregnancy rate, livability and productive life. This strategy has led to a healthier, more profitable herd with no antibiotics being administered to the milking herd for the past 65 months.
Unlock your herd’s potential is a conference for dairy farmers organised by CAFRE, Dairy UK and the UFU.
Conference dates Tuesday 19 November, Greenmount Campus and Wednesday 20 November, Silverbirch Hotel, Omagh.
Tickets cost £20 (booked before 8 Nov). Further details from the UFU website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Loughry Campus students benefit from strong links with the agri-food industry 06 July 2020
- Management Notes for July 2020 03 July 2020
- Poots encourages more recycling to help recovery from Covid-19 03 July 2020
- Choose winter cereal varieties carefully 02 July 2020