The College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) along with Invest Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Food and Drinks Association (NIFDA) are hosting an online webinar on Friday 22 October at 10.00am-11.30am, with the focus on the implementation of the Plastic Packaging Tax.
If you are a business that manufactures or imports plastic packaging, including if you import packaging which already contains goods, such as plastic bottles, there are things you should do now to prepare for the tax. The Plastic Packaging Tax will be introduced in the UK from 1 April 2022.
Angela Colquitt and Hilary Pogson from HMRC will cover key elements and the latest updates relating to the tax, as well as how businesses can prepare for the tax and the next steps in the process. Phillip McMurray from DAERA will also cover what will happen next regards to policy and legislation in Northern Ireland.
Following the talks, there will be an opportunity to ask questions to the panel of speakers. If you have any specific questions you would like to raise, these can be submitted when you register or on the day at the event. The panel will answer these questions during the event.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- Future proofing your dairy business webinar 1 – Carbon Awareness 26 October 2021
- Executive launches draft Green Growth Strategy for Northern Ireland 26 October 2021
- The Lamb Van hits the road 25 October 2021
- Minister Poots welcomes new appointment to the Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside 25 October 2021