North Antrim Coast SAC is centred on the Giant’s Causeway but extends from near Runkerry Strand in the west to White Park Bay in the east.
The dominant features are the high basalt cliffs and associated habitat that extend from the west of the site to beyond Dunseverick Castle and the high chalk cliffs that back White Park Bay. The latter supports a range of dune and grassland communities, while a variety of grasslands are found along the active cliff series and areas of abandoned sea-stacks and cliffs. Heath communities are found along the cliff top in places while deeper peats and associated habitats are found inland.
- ASSI Guidance for Public Bodies/Competent Authorities
- Coastal Areas of Special Scientific Interest
- Conservation Management Plans for Northern Ireland’s Special Areas of Conservation
- European Marine Sites - Marine Special Areas of Conservation and Special Protection Areas
- Management of Special Areas of Conservation (SAC)
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Marine Protected Areas
- Marine Ramsar sites
- Portrush Coastal Zone
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Special Areas of Conservation for Harbour porpoise
- Special Protection Areas