College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE)
For details of the course listing and prospectus, and for other information about studying at CAFRE, please see the CAFRE website.
CAFRE College Advisory Group
The college advisory group provides advice at a strategic and operational level to the college director and college management team of CAFRE.
The group, which meets four times a year, has a chairperson and 12 members who represent the key CAFRE stakeholders.
In carrying out its work, the group takes full account of policies and strategies approved by the Minister and DAERA. The college advisory group members are:
- Dr Michael Johnston - Chairperson - (chief executive of the Dairy Council for Northern Ireland)
- Mark Beattie - Intensive Livestock - Dairy - (dairy and sheep farmer from County Tyrone)
- Teresa Canavan - Rural Development - (chief executive with the Northern Ireland Rural Development Council (RDC))
- Allan Chambers - Arable Crops and Commercial Horticulture - (arable farmer from County Down)
- John Chambers - Equine - (equestrian enterprise in County Tyrone)
- Claire Moore – Finance (Bursar, Royal Belfast Academical Institution)
- Ivor Ferguson - Intensive Livestock - Pigs - (pig, sheep and arable farmer from County Armagh)
- David Brown – Red Meat (Beef and Sheep Farmer from Fermanagh)
- Maynard Mawhinney - Food - (independent food consultant and agri-food adviser to BDO)
- Prof David McDowell - Education - (emeritus professor of food studies at Ulster University)
- Mark Gowdy – Agri-food Business Development (Sales and Marketing Manager - Whites Speedicook)
- Jason Podris - Horticulture - (course manager at Fortwilliam Golf Club)
- Diane Ruddock – Environment (External Affairs Manager - National Trust)