The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) will issue an inventory card to all registered pig keepers at the end of May.
Keepers are reminded that they must complete their inventory card on 1 June 2016 and return it to DAERA by 20 June 2016 in the pre-paid envelope provided.
All pig keepers currently registered as operational must make a return on 1 June 2016, even if they have no pigs on their holding or are in the process of depopulating their holding.
The total number of pigs must also be recorded in the Pig Holding Register (PM2) at least once each year, this can be done at the same time as the inventory or pig keepers can select another date if they prefer.
Failure to record this information correctly in the Register may affect any Area Based Scheme payments which are claimed by you, including Basic Payment Scheme payments, if your pig herd is selected for a Cross Compliance Inspection.
Keepers who have lost or misplaced their inventory card can get a copy from their local DAERA Direct Office.
Notes to editors:
- Pig keepers were advised last year by DAERA that Pig data will be collected by way of a separate Pig Inventory return as opposed to the section on the number and type of pigs on their farm in the Agricultural and Horticultural Census section on Pigs.
- This system implements Council Directive 2008/71/EC on the identification and registration of pigs and the rules are laid down in The Pigs (Records, Identification and Movement) Order (Northern Ireland) 2012.
- Pig keepers are obliged under the Order to communicate annually to DAERA the total numbers of pigs on the holding.
- They must also record the total number of pigs on their holding in their Pig Holding Register (PM2) once per year.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Planning for Grain Storage 11 August 2022
- CAFRE EFS farm walk to take place at Enniskillen Campus 09 August 2022
- Management notes for August 2022 04 August 2022
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2022 03 August 2022