There is still time for farmers and growers to help identify investment needs on farms as the Attitude to Investment survey’s closing date has been extended to Wednesday 29th November.
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) launched the online survey last month to help gauge the readiness of agricultural and horticultural businesses in Northern Ireland to invest in new capital equipment and infrastructure while seeking information on any challenges and barriers.
Alison Chambers, DAERA’s Director of Sustainable Agri-food Development said: “The deadline has been extended to allow farmers and growers who have not yet completed the survey a little more time to get involved.
“Capital Investment Measures are an important element of our new Farm Support and Development programme, and I would encourage all agricultural and horticultural producers to take this opportunity to provide information on challenges and barriers facing the industry.”
The survey is completely anonymous, and information gathered will only be used to inform the development of Capital Investment Measures under the new Farm Support and Development programme.
The survey is available on the DAERA website. The revised closing date for survey responses is Wednesday 29th November.
Notes to editors:
- The Capital Investment Measure is one of the measures in the new Farm Support and Development programme. It will aim to reduce the environmental impact of primary production sectors, through adoption of precision technology and equipment to reduce ammonia emissions, carbon emissions, and nutrient loss. In addition, it will seek to increase the resilience of farm businesses through increased efficiency, to help deal with the volatility of input costs and labour availability.
- Further information on Farm Support and Development is available on the DAERA website.
- The Attitude to Investment survey is hosted on Citizen Space, and is accessible via the DAERA website. All responses to the survey will be anonymous.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- New innovative Food Degrees at CAFRE 05 December 2023
- New Countryside Survey underway 05 December 2023
- SNHS Zone 1 farmers to receive final soil analysis reports 04 December 2023
- NIEA urges householders to check oil tanks before winter fuel top up 01 December 2023