The College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) celebrated the achievements of equine students at a ceremony at Enniskillen Campus on Friday 14 October 2022.
Proud family members, friends and invited guests gathered to celebrate the graduation of Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care and Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management. At the ceremony the special achievements of the students were recognised.
Dr Eric Long, Head of Education, CAFRE, introduced the platform party. The party included guest speaker Susan Spratt, British Horse Society (BHS) Manager for Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland; Martin McKendry, CAFRE Director and Jane Elliott, Head of Equine at Enniskillen Campus.
In her address to the students Jane Elliott congratulated top students, Jessie Riche, Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management and Rachael Foster, Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care.
Martin McKendry, College Director addressed students and invited guests, acknowledging the significance of CAFRE’s strong industry links, which contribute to the education and knowledge transfer provision. Mr McKendry recorded his thanks to all those within the equine industry with whom CAFRE has developed strong partnerships.
Applications can be made for Equine courses starting in September 2023. Course and contact details can be found on the CAFRE website. Follow DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: Rachael Foster (Carrickfergus) was congratulated by Susan Spratt (British Horse Society Manager for Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland) and Jane Elliott (Acting Head of Equine, CAFRE) when she graduated top of her Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care class. Rachael received the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) Prize for top student and the Vaughan Trust Award for best performance in practical assessment at the Enniskillen Campus autumn graduation event.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- Applications are invited for a Study Tour to the Netherlands – Innovations in hatching and commercial egg production 28 September 2023
- Making the dairy business more resilient 28 September 2023
- Water users urged to enhance biosecurity 28 September 2023
- New deadline to provide evidence on impact of air pollution on environment 27 September 2023