On Tuesday 17 September, members of two CAFRE Business Development Groups travelled from Claudy, to the farm of David & Linda McLaughlin in Shroove, Greencastle Co. Donegal.
In beautiful weather conditions the group were given an insight into the farm which runs hill and lowland sheep flocks along with a suckler herd.
David and Linda have been participants in the Teagasc BETTER farm sheep programme since 2008, and place a lot of emphasis on good grassland management and the importance of making management decisions based on lamb performance figures.
The visit was conducted with the help of David’s Teagasc adviser John Cannon and sheep specialist Damien Costello.
The Business Development Groups Scheme is part of the NI Rural Development Programme and is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Inter Ministerial Group for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (IMG EFRA) 24 January 2020
- A timely reminder of changes to record keeping for High Phosphorous poultry manure 23 January 2020
- Northern Ireland Greenhouse Gas Projection Statistics Released 23 January 2020
- Minister Poots extends closing date to Business Development Groups Scheme 22 January 2020