The five CAFRE nutrient calculators shown in the attached photo (Nitrogen loading calculator; Crop nutrient calculator; Manure storage calculator; N Max for grassland calculator and Phosphorous balance calculator) can help you to:
- Comply with the Nitrates Action Programme (NAP) limits including;
- Nitrogen loading,
- Slurry storage capacity,
- Nitrogen and phosphorus applied to crops and
- Phosphorus balance (derogated farms only);
- Make complex calculations and record keeping easier;
- Improve soil fertility and crop yields;
- Make potential savings on chemical fertiliser;
- Improve water quality.
Get Online Today!
To date over 4,000 farmers have used the CAFRE nutrient calculators. If you would like to start using the calculators to help you comply with the Nitrates regulations, register today on the DAERA website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Open Farm Weekend events at Greenmount and Enniskillen Campuses 08 June 2023
- Loughry Summer Food Alumni event 08 June 2023
- May stocking of Departmental waters 02 June 2023
- Hydro Electric Operator fined for fisheries related offences 02 June 2023