CAFRE Enniskillen Campus student Grace Sinclair, from Bangor, is on work placement at Rangers Lodge as part of her Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management.
Students on the Level 3 programme have to undertake five weeks work placement as part of their studies. Grace decided to complete her placement at Richard Brabazon’s pre-training yard Rangers Lodge in County Kildare.
Students at Rangers Lodge get the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in their role. Mr Brabazon is keen that young people get an opportunity to learn while they are at his yard and he is pleased with how enthusiastic Grace is.
When I visited Grace, she was getting ready to ride out on the Curragh. Grace is really enjoying her time at Rangers Lodge, where she is gaining valuable experience in all aspects of training racehorses and commented: “I am learning loads and I have been given lots of opportunities to learn new skills. I had no experience of riding racehorses before I came here and I feel like I have really improved over the weeks. My favourite part has been getting to ride on the Curragh every morning and I also had the chance to lead up at the races.”
If you would like to find out more about the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management course or other equine courses available at Enniskillen Campus, check out the CAFRE website or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Innovations in breeding and performance recording for efficient profitable sheep systems 21 August 2019
- Herbal leys improving performance on Co. Down farm 21 August 2019
- Options available under DAERA’s Environmental Farming Scheme (Wider) 20 August 2019
- Better Farm Beef Challenge NI Autumn Walks 20 August 2019