Trevor Alcorn, a CAFRE Dairying Development Advisor, based at the DAERA Direct Omagh office, was nominated for this award by members of his Business Development Groups.
At the Farmers Weekly Awards ceremony the Chief Judge John Royle, NFU Chief Livestock advisor, said: “Trevor is everything a good advisor should be. He has knowledge and experience, impressive attention to detail and goes the extra mile to ensure the farmers he advises achieve their goals.”
In their report the Judging Panel said Trevor:
- Possesses deep understanding of farming systems
- Promotes benchmarking to improve performance
- Successfully encourages openness among farmers
- Focuses on what is best for farmer, not just farm
Trevor has been a Dairying Development Advisor for 18 years and currently works with four Tyrone and Fermanagh Dairying Business Development Groups. In 2015 he was a Nuffield Scholar reporting on ‘Does the family dairy farm have a future?’ and visited dairy farms in Germany, Denmark, Ireland, UK, USA China and France. He is currently a member of the organising committee for the CAFRE/Dairy UK/UFU conference ‘Unlocking your herd’s potential’ 19 and 20 November.
Notes to editors:
- Photo courtesy of Farmers Weekly.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Advice on completing Online Single Application 2020 26 February 2020
- Cereal Business Development Group get update on crop nutrition 26 February 2020
- Poots announces £2.2million for environmental projects from carrier bag levy money 25 February 2020
- Poots welcomes Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company’s commitment to reducing CO2 emissions 25 February 2020