The Department of the Environment, Agriculture and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced an additional two dates for information events to raise awareness of the Environmental Farming Scheme (EFS), which opened on Monday 27 February.
The series of events held so far have been well received with approximately 1,750 farmers attending.
The DAERA awareness events provide important information about the scheme, its requirements and how to apply.
The dates and venues are as follows, with sessions starting at 7.00pm:
- 08.03.17 – CAFRE, Greenmount Campus, Antrim
- 15.03.17 – CAFRE, Loughry Campus, Tyrone
The scheme offers participants a five-year agreement to deliver a range of environmental measures and will operate at three levels:
- A higher level, primarily for environmentally designated sites and other priority habitats;
- A wider level to deliver benefits across the countryside, outside of environmentally designated areas;
- A group level (pilot only in 2017).
It is very important to note that applications for this scheme must be made online. Potential applicants who do not already have a Government Gateway account should make arrangements now.
Notes to editors:
- Potential applicants who have never registered online with Aphis or applied online before will require a DAERA access key and Government Gateway Account as well as an email address. To find out more contact the DAERA Online Services helpdesk on 028 9442 6699 or email Online Services.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Improving the Resilience of Dairy Farms 28 November 2023
- CAFRE launch options for completion of the Soil Nutrient Health Scheme Training 23 November 2023
- CAFRE, UFU and the Dairy Council invite farmers to Sustainable Labour Conference 23 November 2023
- 96% of our Bathing Waters meet required water quality standards in 2023 21 November 2023