The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) launched their Postgraduate Studentship scheme on 10 December 2019.
The scheme offers 12 new Studentships, due to commence in October 2020, to carry out specific research over a three year period, while working towards a PhD qualification. The competition is open to all graduates who meet eligibility criteria and all applications must meet one of DAERA’s Postgraduate Studentship Research Needs for 2020.
DAERA Permanent Secretary, Dr. Denis McMahon expressed his delight at the calibre of Postgraduate funded students. He said: “High quality scientific research is essential for DAERA to address issues and make sound evidence based decisions in a period of rapidly evolving challenges. The research is aligned with DAERA’s needs and contribute to our vision of a ‘living, working, active landscape valued by everyone.”
Funding is provided in the form of a student maintenance grant and fees are paid directly to the student’s University.
Details of the 2020 Research Needs, Application Forms and Terms and Conditions for the awards are available from the nidirect website.
Applications must be submitted before midnight on 25 February 2020 and interviews will be held on 6, 7, 8 April 2020.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Rising to the challenge of making one of our favourite foods healthier 21 January 2020
- DAERA offering dairy farmers a free trip to learn innovative heifer raising techniques 21 January 2020
- Construction company fined for water pollution offence 21 January 2020
- Using technology and innovation to protect the environment and support farm efficiency 17 January 2020