The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) launched their Postgraduate Studentship scheme on 10 December 2019.
The scheme offers 12 new Studentships, due to commence in October 2020, to carry out specific research over a three year period, while working towards a PhD qualification. The competition is open to all graduates who meet eligibility criteria and all applications must meet one of DAERA’s Postgraduate Studentship Research Needs for 2020.
DAERA Permanent Secretary, Dr. Denis McMahon expressed his delight at the calibre of Postgraduate funded students. He said: “High quality scientific research is essential for DAERA to address issues and make sound evidence based decisions in a period of rapidly evolving challenges. The research is aligned with DAERA’s needs and contribute to our vision of a ‘living, working, active landscape valued by everyone.”
Funding is provided in the form of a student maintenance grant and fees are paid directly to the student’s University.
Details of the 2020 Research Needs, Application Forms and Terms and Conditions for the awards are available from the nidirect website.
Applications must be submitted before midnight on 25 February 2020 and interviews will be held on 6, 7, 8 April 2020.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- We’ve never been more grateful to waste sector for their vital work - Poots 02 June 2020
- Poots highlights dangers of pollution in waterways 02 June 2020
- Food safety remains paramount in the midst of continuing Coronavirus pandemic 01 June 2020
- One of the world’s longest running surveys, moves online 01 June 2020