With just 11 days left to the closing date for 2020 Single Applications, Agriculture Minister, Edwin Poots MLA, has urged farmers to complete their applications immediately to avoid incurring a financial penalty.
The application period for both the Single Application and Environmental Farming Scheme Tranche 4 closes at midnight on 15 May 2020.
Minister Poots said: “It is encouraging to note that, to date, over 16,000 Single Applications have been submitted to my Department, an increase on this period last year.
“I am pleased that so many farmers have already completed their applications for 2020, and I’m encouraging those farmers who have not already submitted theirs, to please do so before 15 May to avoid financial penalty.
“Completing your application now will facilitate prompt payment in October, and given this will be a tough year for farming, this payment will be needed more than ever.”
Minister Poots also reassured those farmers who may be experiencing difficulties completing their online application that help is available.
“In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, my Department enhanced our telephone advice service to help farmers submit their applications and I’m pleased to announce that this service will also be available over the Bank Holiday weekend between 9am and 4pm (8th, 9th and 10th May), where staff will be available to provide advice and assist farmers in completing their application over the phone,” he added.
If anyone is experiencing difficulty with their applications they are advised to contact the Single Application Advisory Service on 0300 200 7848, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org A team of skilled advisors will be available to provide advice and assist farmers to submit their applications over the phone.
The deadline for submitting 2020 Single Applications and applications for the Tranche 4 of the Environmental Farming Scheme is 15 May 2020.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- Minister visits north coast following £2.7m investment 05 August 2020
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2020 03 August 2020
- Changing direction - taking the robotic route on dairy farms 03 August 2020
- Preparing properly and safely for autumn calving 03 August 2020