Agreements under the ‘Wider’ element of the Environmental Farming Scheme (EFS) have now been issued to farmers, the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced.
1,435 applications were received when the scheme opened in February. Following an eligibility process 1,388 agreements have been issued.
Farmers must log on to DAERA’s online services portal before 31 July 2017 to accept their agreement. For those who may experience difficulties accessing their agreement online, staff at DAERA Direct offices can provide assistance.
A DAERA spokesperson said: “We have issued a total of 1,388 agreements to all valid EFS Wider Level applicants.
“Farmers should log in to DAERA Online Services using their Government Gateway ID and password before 31 July 2017 to view and accept their agreement.
“The EFS Wider Level Agreement and Schedule documentation for each business can be viewed by selecting the Environmental Farming Scheme option within DAERA Online Services. Businesses should read their documentation and check the scheme Terms and Conditions. If you wish to accept the agreement then simply click on the “Accept” button no later than Monday 31 July 2017, otherwise the agreement will be withdrawn.”
To access DAERA’s online services please go to the DAERA website.
For those farmers who may experience difficulty accessing their agreement online assistance will be available.
The spokesperson added: “DAERA Direct Offices will offer assistance to farmers during the month of July to access, view and accept their agreement. A member of the business must bring their Government Gateway ID (12 digit ID) & password with them when they come to the office. A member of staff will use this to access their portal and provide a hard copy of their EFS Agreement, Schedule and associated documentation. This must be signed and dated before the scheme acceptance button can be pressed. The agreement must be accepted no later than 31st July 2017.”
DAERA Direct offices are open from 9am-12.30pm and from 1.30pm-4pm Monday to Friday, excluding the public holidays of 12th and 13th of July.
For queries on EFS Wider Level Agreements, please contact the EFS Advisory Service on 028 8675 7507 or the DAERA Helpline number 0300 200 7848. Alternatively you can send a query via email to email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
- The Environmental Farming Scheme is voluntary and worth £100million, funded under the 2014-2020 Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme.
- The Wider element of the EFS supports farmers to undertake measures which help climate mitigation, support biodiversity and improve water quality through a range of options.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @daera_ni.
- Water users urged to enhance biosecurity 28 September 2023
- Applications are invited for a Study Tour to the Netherlands – Innovations in hatching and commercial egg production 28 September 2023
- Making the dairy business more resilient 28 September 2023
- New deadline to provide evidence on impact of air pollution on environment 27 September 2023