The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs has extended the terms of appointment for two Board Members of the Northern Ireland Fishery Harbour Authority (NIFHA).
The terms of appointment of Kate Burns and David Hill have been extended for a period of six months to 31 May 2020.
The extensions has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice. Kate and David were first appointed as Members on 1 December 2015.
Notes to editors:
1. The NIFHA is a statutory body established in 1973 under the Harbours Act (Northern Ireland) 1970 and the Northern Ireland Fishery Harbour Authority Order (Northern Ireland) 1973. The Authority has responsibility for the improvement, management and maintenance of the three fishery harbours at Ardglass, Kilkeel and Portavogie.
2. Kate Burns is MD of Ocean Veg Ireland based in Rathlin Island and has a Rathlin fishing family background. She has had a varied professional career including CEO of ICBAN and Director at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute and was appointed a Trustee of Belfast Metropolitan College in September 2015. Kate is also on the board of the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute.
3. David Hill has been involved in the fishing industry for some 30 years, as a skipper and vessel owner and more recently as a Director of ANIFPO/SeaSource, where he has particular responsibility for SeaSource Offshore operations. He has held a number of representative roles, including a previous President of NFFO.
4. Board members are paid £3,945 per annum in respect of their appointment.
5. The above appointments were made in 2015 on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Neither of the two members has carried out any political activity in the past five years.
6. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
7. All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Bakery Retail Food Safari 12 December 2019
- DAERA fund innovative research through 2020 Postgraduate Studentship scheme 10 December 2019
- CAFRE students raise £1,000 for Enniskillen disability charity 10 December 2019
- NI’S Chief Vet comments on Avian Influenza (Bird Flu) confirmation 10 December 2019