The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) today published the booklet 'Northern Ireland Farm Performance Indicators 2017/18'.
This is the sixteenth edition of this annual publication, which is designed to provide farmers with reliable data to assess the current performance of their farm business.
Data in the booklet are extracted from farm account information, collected as part of the 2017/18 Northern Ireland Farm Business Survey, which is undertaken by DAERA. The Northern Ireland Farm Business Survey is composed of a representative sample of farm businesses and the data accurately reflect performance levels achieved on Northern Ireland farms.
Enterprise data are presented in gross margin format. Included are details of the value of output, variable costs and gross margin for each of the main enterprises found on Northern Ireland farms. For the more common enterprises, data are presented for four different levels of performance, according to the gross margin achieved, i.e. 'Excellent', 'Good', 'Moderate' and 'Poor'. These represent the levels of performance achieved around the average performance for any particular enterprise.
In addition to enterprise gross margin data, the booklet contains information on hay, silage and grazing costs and average fixed costs by type of farm.
Copies of 'Northern Ireland Farm Performance Indicators 2017/18’ are available, free of charge, by contacting 028 9052 4750 or by email from: AEB.EconStats@daera-ni.gov.uk
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Consultation on the proposed format of Bovine Electronic Identification numbering in NI 26 June 2019
- Flower Power within the Greenmount Walled Garden 24 June 2019
- Laminitis seminar at CAFRE 24 June 2019
- Are you interested in Gamekeeping? 24 June 2019