The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has confirmed the closing date for applications for the fifth tranche of the Environmental Farming Scheme (EFS) Wider level is midnight on Friday 10 September 2021.
EFS Wider Tranche 5 agreements will start on 01 January 2022 and run for five years to 31 December 2026.
EFS Wider offers the opportunity to carry out environmentally beneficial work on farms such as creating buffers for watercourses, planting hedges and trees and providing winter feeding sites for birds. This work is fully funded through the scheme.
Full information is available online and via the Helpline number 0300 200 7848. Assistance with applications can also be obtained through the Helpline.
A DAERA spokesperson commented: “There is usually a last minute rush to make applications in time for this scheme and we would urge potential applicants to submit applications early.
“Amendments can be made up to the closing deadline if necessary, but submitting early avoids the risk of missing out due to potential issues with internet service or power disruptions.”
Notes to editors:
- EFS supports farmers to implement environmentally beneficial actions and works on their land. It aims to protect and enhance biodiversity and water quality, and mitigate against climate change by sequestering carbon.
- The Environmental Farming Scheme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- Webinar Diary Dates 21 January 2022
- Poots launches £800,000 scheme to promote innovation and science base through PhD Research 21 January 2022
- Multi-million pound investment in fishing harbours moves step closer - Poots 21 January 2022
- Minister - All remaining Avian Influenza Surveillance Zones to be lifted in Northern Ireland 20 January 2022