Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS) first aid awareness training is going virtual. Training can now be easily accessed through your phone, tablet, laptop or PC. Participants will also receive a free first aid kit and reference booklet.
Training is free to farming families and delivered by Global Horizon Skills Ltd. on behalf of CAFRE. The traditional face-to-face first aid awareness courses have been very popular with almost 2,500 farm family members taking part over the past two years. The outbreak of Covid-19 has led to a rethink on how to deliver this programme and online training offers a very effective alternative.
Geraldine Gormley, Director of Global Horizon Skills says: “We have been using this online approach for some time now and trainees are finding this new training platform very enjoyable. This is a great opportunity to learn key life-saving skills, practice carrying out treatments and discuss what to do in the event of different scenarios.”
Comments from trainees include: “I worried unnecessarily beforehand that my level of IT ability wouldn’t be good enough, but I shouldn’t have. The process was so simple with quick and easy login. I would highly recommend farm family members to take advantage of this training as knowing what to do can make a huge difference’.”
The course is delivered in two parts. The first part is a virtual training session which you can join from the comfort of your own home. The second part, delivered shortly afterwards at a local venue, is a short one-hour practical session for small groups to practice the hands on skills in a safe way.
The training is specifically tailored to the farming sector, covering a wide range of first aid emergencies encountered on farms. It can help you deal with emergency situations confidently, promptly and safely.
The Farm Safety Partnership has highlighted that as many as 100 accidents per month require medical attention on Northern Ireland farms.
Two virtual courses have been arranged for November.
- Thursday 26 November 2020 at 7.30pm
- Monday 30 November 2020 at 7.30pm
Further information on first aid awareness courses for the farm family is available on the CAFRE website.
Pre-booking is necessary, so that you can receive joining instructions in advance of the webinar.
Anyone interested in attending one of these courses or organising training for a local group should contact Global Horizon Skills on 028 8225 6772 / 028 8225 0544 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Farm Family Key Skills courses are an important element of the Rural Development Programme 2014 -2020. The FFKS programme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
Notes to editors:
- The College of Agriculture Food & Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) is responsible for the delivery of the Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS) programme.
- For more information on FFKS, please email: email@example.com or call Knowledge Transfer Administration on 028 9442 6790.
- The FFKS programme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- February stocking of Departmental waters 05 March 2021
- Have your say on the future of forests in County Armagh 05 March 2021
- Management notes for March 2021 05 March 2021
- Equine Infectious Disease Alert – Outbreak of EHV-1 in Spain 04 March 2021