The Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) is currently investigating a fish kill in a tributary of the River Moyola, near Draperstown, Co. Londonderry. The source of this has been traced to premises in the area. Statutory samples and other evidence have been collected with a view to prosecution.
DAERA Inland Fisheries have also been alerted and a count of the dead fish is ongoing. NIEA and Inland Fisheries staff will continue to investigate and assess over the weekend.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @daera_ni.
- DAERA Minister visits Portavogie 21 February 2024
- Horticulture businesses nurture new talent at Greenmount Campus 21 February 2024
- Zebra Mussels and impact on fish stocking in the Public Angling Estate 21 February 2024
- Last chance to attend NRoSo Operator Roadshow 2024 20 February 2024