The Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) is currently investigating a fish kill in a tributary of the River Moyola, near Draperstown, Co. Londonderry. The source of this has been traced to premises in the area. Statutory samples and other evidence have been collected with a view to prosecution.
DAERA Inland Fisheries have also been alerted and a count of the dead fish is ongoing. NIEA and Inland Fisheries staff will continue to investigate and assess over the weekend.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @daera_ni.
- Payment claims for EFS must be made on Single Application 03 April 2020
- Right waste, right place - essential during Covid-19 crisis 03 April 2020
- Poots announces £1.5m support package for fishing industry 03 April 2020
- DAERA Minister urges halt to prescribed fires to aid stretched emergency services 02 April 2020