CAFRE floristry graduate and double RHS Chelsea Medalist, Emma Sinnamon, Magheralin, has been inspiring others to consider a creative career in floristry. Emma is pictured with BBC presenter, David Monahan, at the Make It Skills Fair in Belfast. The event was part of a BBC Northern Ireland campaign to showcase career opportunities and encourage 16-25 year olds to be the best that they can be.
Another award winning CAFRE graduate, Adam Ferguson, Ballymena, was also at the Make It event where he was promoting the job satisfaction of an active, outdoor career in Horticulture. Adam is employed as a professional gardener with the Historic Royal Palaces at Hillsborough Gardens. He recently won a Gold Medal in the Euroskills Landscape Gardening Competition in Gothenburg, Sweden, and hopes to represent the UK in Abu Dhabi later this year.
With an industry crying out for well qualified horticulturalists and florists there are so many opportunities locally and internationally. For details of CAFRE’s courses, visit the CAFRE website or come along to the open day at Greenmount Campus, Antrim, 3-8pm on Wednesday 5 April.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Improving the Resilience of Dairy Farms 28 November 2023
- CAFRE launch options for completion of the Soil Nutrient Health Scheme Training 23 November 2023
- CAFRE, UFU and the Dairy Council invite farmers to Sustainable Labour Conference 23 November 2023
- 96% of our Bathing Waters meet required water quality standards in 2023 21 November 2023