Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Minister Edwin Poots has confirmed that the land eligibility rules for area based schemes will be unchanged from recent years.
The schemes concerned are:
• Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
• Young Farmers’ Payment (YFP)
• Environmental Farming Scheme (EFS)
• Protein Crops Scheme (PCS)
Minister Poots said the full Guide to Land Eligibility for 2022 has now been published on DAERA’s website.
“I would urge all farmers to read the guide carefully as you may be penalised if you claim under any of the above schemes for land that is not eligible.”
Eligible land must be:
1. A field parcel which is at least 0.1ha in size with a physically recognisable boundary;
2. Covered in eligible vegetation, be under your control and meet the conditions outlined in the Guide to Land Eligibility from January to December;
3. Used for agricultural activity in a significant and consistent basis during the year;
4. At your disposal on 15 May; and
5. Maintained in Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition (GAEC) with evidence of agricultural activity at inspection e.g. flailing/burning etc.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- DAERA and Economy Ministers support innovation and Green Growth technologies at Artemis 27 May 2022
- Terms of reference published for External Independent Review 27 May 2022
- Northern Ireland Environmental Statistics Report released 26 May 2022
- Rising costs – are you sure you can do nothing about it? 26 May 2022