DAERA’s eight-week consultation on the draft Ammonia Strategy was launched on 4 January 2023 and closes on 3 March 2023 and we welcome the views of all stakeholders and interested parties.
If you are interested in finding out more about the strategy and the consultation, we are holding a series of information events. The next two events will take place at CAFRE campuses on:
- Monday 13 February, 7.30pm at Greenmount Campus
- Wednesday 15 February, 7.30pm at Loughry Campus
If you are interested in attending any of these events, please register on the CAFRE website.
The information events will include presentations from DAERA, NIEA and CAFRE. They will explain why we need the draft Ammonia Strategy, the proposed measures to reduce ammonia, with examples showing how this can be achieved on-farm, as well as details of conservation measures to address the environmental impact of ammonia. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions and discuss the contents of the draft strategy.
DAERA is keen to have as many responses as possible to the questions posed throughout the strategy as well as any other practical and affordable ideas or suggestions and would encourage everyone to respond.
Additional resources on ammonia are also provided alongside the consultation document to illustrate the complex nature of the ammonia challenge and to share research findings, farm case studies, and the outcomes of ongoing monitoring at eight Special Areas of Conservation (SACs) across Northern Ireland.
Full details of the consultation on the draft Ammonia Strategy are available on the DAERA website.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- CAFRE, UFU and the Dairy Council invite farmers to Sustainable Labour Conference 23 November 2023
- CAFRE launch options for completion of the Soil Nutrient Health Scheme Training 23 November 2023
- Statistical Press Release - Carbon Intensity Indicators published 21 November 2023
- 96% of our Bathing Waters meet required water quality standards in 2023 21 November 2023