Low cliffs and foreshore at Waterloo ASSI show a near complete conformable sequence, and some of the best and most accessible exposures in Ireland, of Upper Triassic and Lower Jurassic strata.
The site shows the transition between dominantly terrestrial facies of the Upper Triassic and offshore marine facies of the Lower Jurassic, and is thus of considerable importance in the study of Irish and continental palaeogeology.
- ASSI Guidance for Public Bodies/Competent Authorities
- Coastal Areas of Special Scientific Interest
- Conservation Management Plans for Northern Ireland’s Special Areas of Conservation
- European Marine Sites - Marine Special Areas of Conservation and Special Protection Areas
- Management of Special Areas of Conservation (SAC)
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Marine Protected Areas
- Marine Ramsar sites
- Portrush Coastal Zone
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Special Areas of Conservation for Harbour porpoise
- Special Protection Areas