Wolf Island Bog lies to the west of the River Bann directly south of Kilrea and with an intact surface of 71.8 ha. The bog lies within the river valley at an elevation between 30m and 40m O.D. and displays the classic characteristics of a lowland raised bog.
The active raised bog supports hummocks and hollows, pool complexes and notable peatland flora including Great Sundew Drosera anglica, Oblong-leaved Sundew D. intermedia, and the bog mosses Sphagnum fuscum and S. imbricatum.
- ASSI Guidance for Public Bodies/Competent Authorities
- Coastal Areas of Special Scientific Interest
- Conservation Management Plans for Northern Ireland’s Special Areas of Conservation
- European Marine Sites - Marine Special Areas of Conservation and Special Protection Areas
- Management of Special Areas of Conservation (SAC)
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Marine Protected Areas
- Marine Ramsar sites
- Portrush Coastal Zone
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Special Areas of Conservation for Harbour porpoise
- Special Protection Areas