Small Woodland Grant Scheme
The Small Woodland Grant Scheme is specifically for new native woodland planting of 0.20 hectares and larger.
The scheme provides a fixed area based payment for woodland establishment, a fencing grant and where eligible annual premia for a 10-year period. The grant application is online and open from 22 June 2021 in preparation for the 2021/22 planting season. The Small Woodland Grant Scheme will close at 22:00 on 30 September 2021.
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme - Info booklet
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme - How to apply guide
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme Online Application
- Forestry Grant Schemes State Aid Booklet
Forest Expansion Scheme
The Forest Expansion Scheme is for new woodland planting of 3 hectares and larger. All woodlands that comply with the UK Forestry Standard are eligible for support. Successful applicants will receive up to 100% of eligible establishment costs and where eligible annual premia for a 10-year period.
The Forest Expansion Scheme is now open from 22 June 2021 in preparation for the 2021/22 planting season. The Forest Expansion Scheme will close at 15:00 on 31 August 2021.
- Forest Expansion Scheme information booklet
- Forest Expansion Scheme - Woodland Creation Plan 2021 application form - PDF and Word versions
- Forest Expansion Scheme Cost Spreadsheet - Excel file
- Forestry Grant Schemes - Terms and Conditions
- Forestry Grant Schemes State Aid booklet
Forest Protection Scheme - Chalara Ash Dieback
- Forest Management Plan - Forest Protection Scheme (application form)
- Support and Advice on Chalara Affected Woodland 2019
Woodland Investment Grant
Legacy schemes (closed to new applicants)
- Sustainable forest operation grant scheme (SFOG)
- Farm woodland premium scheme (FWPS)
- Short rotation coppice scheme (SRC)
- Community woodland supplement (CWS)
- Woodland grant scheme (WGS)
- Restocking grant
- Woodland environment grant (WEG)
- Forestry challenge scheme