Small Woodland Grant Scheme
The Small Woodland Grant Scheme is specifically for new native woodland planting of 0.20 hectares and larger.
The scheme provides a fixed area based payment for woodland establishment, a fencing grant and where eligible annual premia for a 10-year period. The grant application is online and open from 22 June 2021 in preparation for the 2021/22 planting season. The Small Woodland Grant Scheme will close at 22:00 on 30 September 2021.
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme - Info booklet
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme - How to apply guide
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme Online Application
- Forestry Grant Schemes State Aid Booklet
The Forest Expansion Scheme is for new woodland planting of 3 hectares and larger. All woodlands that comply with the UK Forestry Standard are eligible for support. Successful applicants will receive up to 100% of eligible establishment costs and where eligible annual premia for a 10-year period.
Forest Protection Scheme - Chalara Ash Dieback
- Forest Management Plan - Forest Protection Scheme (application form)
- Support and Advice on Chalara Affected Woodland 2019
Legacy schemes (closed to new applicants)
- Sustainable forest operation grant scheme (SFOG)
- Farm woodland premium scheme (FWPS)
- Short rotation coppice scheme (SRC)
- Community woodland supplement (CWS)
- Woodland grant scheme (WGS)
- Restocking grant
- Woodland environment grant (WEG)
- Forestry challenge scheme