Small Woodland Grant Scheme
The Small Woodland Grant Scheme is specifically for new native woodland planting of 0.20 hectares and larger.
The scheme provides a fixed area based payment for woodland establishment, a fencing grant and where eligible annual premia for a 10-year period.
The Small Woodland Grant Scheme is now closed for applications.
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme - Info booklet
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme - How to apply guide
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme Online Application
- Forestry Grant Schemes State Aid Booklet
The Forest Expansion Scheme is for new woodland planting of 3 hectares and larger. All woodlands that comply with the UK Forestry Standard are eligible for support. Successful applicants will receive up to 100% of eligible establishment costs and where eligible annual premia for a 10-year period.
The Forest Expansion Scheme is now closed for applications.
- Forest Expansion Scheme information booklet
- Forestry Grant Schemes – Terms and Conditions
- Forestry Grant Schemes State Aid booklet
- Forest Expansion Scheme Woodland Creation Plan - Application Form
- Forest Expansion Scheme Costs Spreadsheet
Forest Protection Scheme - Ash Dieback
The Forest Protection Scheme – Ash Dieback is currently open for applications.
- Forest Protection Scheme - Information Booklet 2022-23
- Forest Protection Scheme - Ash Dieback - Woodland Survey and Replant Form
- Forest Protection Scheme - Ash Dieback - Scheme Year 2022-23 - Application Form
- Support and Advice on Ash Dieback Affected Woodland
The Woodland Investment Grant scheme is currently open for applications.
- Forest Management Plan - Woodland Investment Grant (application form)
- Woodland Investment Grant Information Booklet 2021-22
Legacy schemes (closed to new applicants)
- Sustainable forest operation grant scheme (SFOG)
- Farm woodland premium scheme (FWPS)
- Short rotation coppice scheme (SRC)
- Community woodland supplement (CWS)
- Woodland grant scheme (WGS)
- Restocking grant
- Woodland environment grant (WEG)
- Forestry challenge scheme
UK Woodland Carbon Code
The Woodland Carbon Code (WCC) is the quality assurance standard for woodland creation projects in the UK, and generates independently verified carbon units. Backed by the Government, the forest industry and carbon market experts, the Code is unique in providing woodland carbon units right here in the UK. The Woodland Carbon Code is internationally recognised for high standards of sustainable forest management and carbon management and is endorsed by ICROA, the global umbrella body for carbon reduction and offset providers in the voluntary market.