TRADING PLANTS AND PLANT PRODUCTS DURING THE EU EXIT TRANSITION PERIOD.
- The EU Withdrawal Agreement has now been ratified by both the UK and European Parliaments.
- The UK has entered into an EU Exit transition period until 31st December 2020.
- During the EU Exit transition period, trade in plants and plant products with EU Member States can continue as before.
- As an importer or exporter you should ensure that you meet all plant health biosecurity requirements prior to trading any plants or plant products between the UK and the EU.
- There may be changes impacting legislation during the transition period. In circumstances where there are changes, these will be made in that The Plant Health (Official Controls and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 implements the EU Official Controls Regulation EU 2017/625 and EU Plant Health Regulation EU 2016/2031 which came into force on 14 December 2019.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org