The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) is encouraging agri-food businesses and traders to take part in the Department’s forthcoming online EU Exit events aimed at providing information and guidance to help businesses prepare for the end of the transition period.
The second in a series of webinars will take place on Tuesday 08 December at 2.00pm and will focus on Marketing Standards, Labelling and Imports / Exports. Agri-food business owners and traders must pre-register.
Announcing the forthcoming event, a DAERA spokesperson said “As we approach the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020, we remain very conscious of the need to continue to engage with stakeholders and provide the most up-to-date information to help businesses prepare for changes that will come into force from 01 January 2021.
“Feedback received from the first event, which took place on 23 November 2020, has informed topics for this upcoming event and will include Marketing Standards, Labelling and Imports / Exports. The event will offer participants the opportunity to ask questions about the issues most relevant to their particular business so we would encourage all businesses that may be impacted by EU Exit to register and take part.”
Acknowledging the ongoing negotiations between the UK and EU, the DAERA spokesperson added: “We will continue our engagement with businesses in the coming weeks and host further webinars once agreements and decisions have been reached. This will help to keep businesses updated on the current position and information available to aid their preparations further.”
Notes to editors:
- The first online event took place on 23 November and was very well attended, attracting 512 participants with key sectors represented, including potato merchants, nurseries, meat and dairy food business operators, distribution companies, egg producers, bakeries and fish processors.
- Download the recording and presentation slides from the online event on 23 November 2020.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office or via telephone.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Asulam authorisation for 2021 bracken control 16 June 2021
- 2021: A very different year for grass growth & management 16 June 2021
- Beef Technology Demonstration Farmer Stephen Maguire goes in a different direction 16 June 2021
- Molly is outstanding in her field! 16 June 2021